Have you changed your windshield wipers lately?
Wiper blades should be replaced every six months to a year or as soon as you notice a difference in driving visibility. When wiper blades no longer make proper contact with the windshield surface, they can begin to squeak, chatter, skip, smear, or streak reducing driving visibility.
Wiper blades deteriorate due to many environmental factors including the sun, airborne debris, moisture, and oil from car waxes and exhaust.
When inspecting wiper blades, look for the following:
- Broken frame
- Metal Corrosion
- Visible cracks, tears, or missing pieces in the rubber.
- Flex rubber squeegee back and forth to see if it is still flexible. Old squeegees will have difficulty conforming to the shape of your windshield and will cause streaks.
- Check squeegee wiping edge for rounded edges which can prevent the wiper blade from making strong contact with the windshield and reduces wipe quality.
- Tug to ensure the wiper blade has been securely installed on the wiper arm.
- Check that squeegee is secure in the wiper frame.
Stop into your nearest Billerica Auto Parts store, and we’ll help you find the best wiper blades and plus, we’ll install them FREE of charge while you wait.